In 2001, Alexey won first prize in the Fifth International Competition of Young Performing Musicians on Wind and Percussion Instruments (Togliatti). That same year, he won first place in the Open International Competition of Soloists and Ensembles (Moscow). He has since been a featured soloist with the Russian State Symphony Orchestra, with the Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra, Musica Viva chamber orchestra and others.
Alexey joined the Russian National Orchestra in 2003 and is presently Associate Principal Horn in the orchestra. He is a founding member of the RNO Wind Quintet.
Alexey performed Eshpay's Concerto for French Horn at the Grand Hall of the Moscow Conservatory with the Russian State Symphony Orchestra, and later recorded it with the TV and Radio Symphony Orchestra (CD released in 2004). In August 2005, he was an honoree of the European Foundation for Culture in Germany, Wiesbaden. In 2008 he taught a master class for students at Penn State University.
Alexey plays in Vladislav Lavrik's Master Brass ensemble and in the Russian Wind Quintet. In 2005, at the 5th International Chamber Music Competition in Osaka (Japan), the Russian Wind Quintet (A. Shuty, A. Rubtsov, M. Rubtsov, A. Serov and A. Snegirev) received first prize. The quintet has toured Malaysia, the U.S., Great Britain, Spain, Singapore and Russia.
In addition to ensemble performances, Alexey also performs as a soloist with the Moscow State Symphonic Orchestra and with the chamber orchestra "Musica Viva."
Performances with the RNO
Vrubel Hall, Tretyakov Gallery
For families adversely affected by the 1986 Chernobyl Disaster
Part of the annual concert series for youth supported by Chevron
- Concerto from the "Harmonic Inspirations" cycle for two violins, strings and basso continuo, in A minor (RV522, op.3)
- "Winter in Buenos Aires," for violin and string orchestra, from the cycle "Four Seasons in Buenos Aires"
- Concerto for two violas, strings and basso continuo, in G major
- Concerto Allegro No. 1, for flute and string orchestra
- Concerto for trumpet, strings and basso continuo, in D major
- "Riga souvenir" for flute, French horn and string orchestra
- Concerto No. 1 for violin, string orchestra and basso continuo, in A minor
- Concerto for clarinet and string orchestra, in C minor
Alexey Bruni, Violin
Sergei Dubov, Viola
Maxim Rubtsov, Flute
Maxim Khokholkov, Violin
Anastasia Khokholkova, Violin
Konstantin Grigoryev, Trumpet
Alexey Serov, French Horn
Dmitry Aizenshtadt, Clarinet
Leonid Ogrinchuk, Piano, Basso Continuo