Vitaly Martyanov was born in Moscow in 1985. He began to study music at the age of four and graduated from the Gnessin Russian Academy of Music, under the tutelage of Professor D. Lukyanov in 2009.
In 2007, Vitaly won second prize in the Russian Open Contest for Brass and Percussion Musicians.
That same year he joined the Russian State Symphonic Orchestra named for Yevgeny Svetlanov, later moving to the symphonic orchestra of the Moscow Philharmonic Society. He joined the RNO in 2013.
As a member of RNO, Martyanov has performed with conductors such as Mikhail Pletnev, Semyon Bychkov, Mischa Damev, Alberto Dzedda, Vasily Petrenko, and Kirrill Karabitz. He can also be heard on classical music recordings produced by Pentatone Classic and other labels.
He has also performed with percussion ensembles at various festivals such as the RNO Grand Festival and Festival Napa Valley.
Performances with the RNO
Philharmonia 2, Rachmaninov Concert Hall
Concert of RNO Soloists and Chamber Ensembles
- Suite in D Major (arrangement for trumpet and string quartet)
- Passacaglia for Violin and Viola
- Winter Serenade (arranged for three trombones and tuba)
- Andante and Scherzo, Allegro from Trio for Piano, Violin and French Horn, op. 40
- “Mirror” (for percussion)
- Kiselev & Belousov
- Old-fashioned tango-sketch, "Greetings from Astor"
- Massimo Diego Pujol
- “San Telmo” from Suite Buenos Aires
- Fantasy Trio for Clarinet, Cello and Piano
- Andrey Rubtsov
- Four Bagatelles for a wind quartet (Parade, Waltz in imitation of Khachaturian, Little Pastoral, Allegretto Giocoso)
Vladislav Lavrik, Trumpet
Lina Vartanova, Violin
Alexei Sobolev, Violin
Ksenia Kotlyarevskaya, Violas
Vsevolod Guzov, Cello
Olga Chepizhnaya, Violin
Ivan Irkhin, Trombone
Sergei Koryavichev, Trombone
Ilya Savostyanov, Trombone
Dmitry Anakovsky, Tuba
Vitaly Nazarov, Oboe
Alexey Serov, French Horn
Ilia Melikhov, Percussion
Vitaly Martyanov, Percussion
Maxim Rubtsov, Flute
Dmitry Andreyev, Guitar
Dmitry Aizenshtadt, Clarinet
Ekaterina Aizenshtadt, Piano
Andrey Snegirev, Bassoon